Brightwork Ltd is an employment agency for permanent roles and employment business for temporary roles.
We are looking for a General Assistant to join our client in the Glasgow PA3 area. This is a fantastic opportunity for regular ongoing work with full training provided.
The rate of pay is £9.01 per hour.
You will be flexible and able to work 5 days out of 7. The hours of work are:
- 6am to 2pm
- 2pm to 10pm
Your Time at Work
As a General Assistant, your duties include:
- Working in either the Cold or Hot Kitchen department preparing and plating in-flight meals to a set menu, for both Economy and First Class passengers, to the standard set by each of the airlines we serve.
- Alternatively, you will be based in Production, preparing, handling and packing food products, Equipment, stock handling and packing, or our Wash department, cleaning and maintaining airline equipment.
- Maintaining a clean and safe workstation
- Practicing good health and safety practices
- Completing basic numerical tasks
- Working as part of a team in a fast-moving environment
- Checking that deadlines are met to ensure that flights depart on time
As part of your normal duties you will undertake some manual handling/bending and reaching.
Our Perfect Worker
Our ideal General Assistant will be able to provide details for us to complete a 5-year background employment check including character references for any gaps in employment.
The role is subject to Disclosure Scotland checking so interested applicants would be required to apply for a Disclosure Scotland Check.
They will enjoy working as part of a team in a fast-moving environment where deadlines are tight to ensure that flights depart on time.
Experience in a similar role desirable, but not essential.
Key Information and Benefits
- Earn £9.01 p/h
- Shifts are 6am to 2pm, 2pm to 10pm
- Free food and hot drinks
- Free car parking on site
- Good links to public transport
- Full training provided
- Temp to perm opportunity
- Modern working environment
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( May 28th, 2021 )