Brightwork are currently working with our well-known manufacturing client who are currently looking to recruit several machine setters for their first-class manufacturing facility. Due to demand we are currently looking to recruit staff for the machine setter nightshift role.
The main responsibilities of the role are;
- To be an integral part of the workforce by helping produce high quality products meeting all RAG standards to green status within allocated time and minimum waste produced.
- To follow reasonable requests from Line Leaders and management team
- To assist buddy/mentor new starters and supporting of fellow operatives to ensure the development of individual skills and a more skilled team
- To ensure that all company procedures are adhered to at all times (for example H&S)
- To assist in the changeover process within allocated time and green standard
- To ensure that any issues which may affect the output of products i.e. quantity or quality, are communicated to Line Leaders or managers in a timely manner
- To drive a positive Health and Safety culture by ensuring personal safety and raising any hazards within the workplace to the management team
- All preparations for start-up and changeover of products should be done in a timely manner to ensure an efficient start and continued efficient production during all product runs
- All machinery (including cutting tools) must be set up according to SOP’s and product passports. Any deviation from standard machine settings must be communicated to the production management team first
- To perform basic trouble shooting on the conbar line according to training and SOP’s provided and raise any issues to engineering and a member of the production management team.
- Record all relevant information for traceability including weights, size of products and any other controlled documents paperwork that is relevant to the role required
The successful candidates will possess.
- Compliance Training- Undertaking and passing all training required to operate in the role which could include but are not exhaustive: Food Hygiene, Allergen, HACCP, COSSH, Safe Chemical handling.
- Performance Standards-Sustaining high-performance standards
- Buddy/Mentor new team members to perform tasks effectively
- Machine/line Operation- Appropriate level of machine operation as appropriate, to include but not exhaustive: cleaning, stop, start, packing, picking, decorating, boxing.
- Business Process & Systems - Appropriate level of knowledge in relation to business processes and systems.
- Team Working - Effective contributor, demonstrating Teamwork by working positively as part of a team and respecting other members.
- Communication - Clear communication skills which includes being able to converse in English with any level of the organisation and external parties i.e auditors/site visitors.
Due to the timing of the shift access to a car would be highly beneficial.
Brightwork & Staffline are operating as an employment agency for this permanent vacancy.