Brightwork are currently recruiting for a well known manufacturing client based in Grivan who are looking to recruit a Microbiologist to the team on a temporary basis.
The role is to provide and develop microbiological support for process operations across their UK sites. This role must implement systems to ensure that our distilleries are operated with an excellent level of good hygiene and good yeast practices.
The main responsibilities are;
- Provide microbiological analysis with interpretation of the analytical data that enables clear recommendations to be formed and these recommendations in turn used to drive improvements to process hygiene and therefore yields.
- Provide microbiological analysis on incoming yeast supplies ensuring that any non-conformances against specification which may affect distilleries yield performance are highlighted and acted upon with the suppliers.
- Develop a Yeast and Microbiological Strategy for the company to which the sites can prescribe to.
- Submit annual yeast quality specifications and provide yeast supplier ranking tables for supplier review
- Prepare information for the quarterly performance review meetings with yeast suppliers.
- Provide microbiological specifications together with recommended testing regimes for any NLD low strength alcohol products that are in a development phase.
The successful candidate will possess;
- Qualified to degree level in a relevant scientific discipline
- Specific knowledge on raw and co-product material processing and control
- Knowledge of malt and grain distilling processes Technical and practical understanding of laboratory equipment, procedures and methods