Brightwork's well established client is currently recruiting a Senior Project Engineer in the picturesque Fort William area. Reporting to the Engineering & Maintenance Manager you will be responsible for delivering civil and mechanical engineering contracts whilst managing maintenance projects relating to building repairs whilst addressing day-to-day operational facilities management issues also.
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to.
- Manage and lead contracts from tender stage to handover/completion.
- Liaise with all parties, formulate project scope, develop technical specifications, drawings, BoQ’s, contract programmes and full tender packages.
- Analyse and evaluate tender documents.
- Demonstrate case and apply for project funding.
- Select and agree conditions of contract and negotiate contracts with contractors.
- Hold progress meetings, manage cost control, agree valuations and final accounts.
- Work within CDM regulations.
- Manage day to day minor civil works including surface water and foul drainage issues.
- Respond to requests for urgent building repairs following storm/other damage.
- Manage a/c systems on site.
- Take part in on-site department audits.
- Coach others.
- Background in contract management.
- Experience in building & structural maintenance, groundworks, water supply and drainage systems.
- Advanced problem-solving and influencing skills.
- Strong, analytical, organisational skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport both internally and externally.
- A detail-oriented team player with the ability to work independently.
- Flexible approach to working hours to suit project demands.
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Civil/Building Services engineering.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful and reputable business. On offer is a very competitive salary, relocation package, target bonus, 33 days holiday and pension.
If interested please send your most recent CV to the address provided.
Brightwork is a recruitment agency for those seeking permanent work and a recruitment business for those seeking temporary work