Brightwork are recruiting behalf of our client, John Lewis, for permanent C1 (7.5 tonne) drivers to join their home delivery team in Glasgow, with immediate starts available.
You will work within the driving role through Brightwork till all interviews and checks have been completed then transfer over to John Lewis on a permanent full-time basis if successfully pass the interview process.
Your Time at Work
- Delivering customer orders to locations throughout Scotland
- Working in teams of 2 with another driver or porter
- Handling of the delivered items
- Perform simple installations in customers' homes (training provided)
- Liaising with the depot or customers directly to resolve potential delivery issues
Our Perfect Worker
- Has excellent communication skills with proved customer facing experience
- Valid UK C1 driving licence with CPC and digital tachograph card
- Available for an interview, assessment and start at short notice
Key Information and Benefits
- Early shift 6:00am - 5:00pm, 4 days between Monday to Saturday
- Occasionally required to work backshift 10:30am - 9.30pm
- 5 week rota planned ahead
- 41 hours per week
- On the job training provided on manual handling and installations
- Full and ongoing training provided
- Skill set related pay
Criminal Record checks will be mandatory for full time employment with John Lewis
Staffline is the biggest recruiter in the UK and Ireland, and we believe in putting people first. Every day, we help tens of thousands of people find work in logistics, food, transport, retail, and agriculture. We can do the same for you.
We listen to the needs of our workers and always aim to offer flexible shift work and opportunities for overtime, as we know these are important to you.
Each of our locations has dedicated 24-hour OnSite support, so you can always speak to a Staffline representative. Staffline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that our job adverts are correct at the time of publication, but some details and job responsibilities are subject to change.
This job advert may not be copied, imitated or used, in whole or in part, by third-party websites, without prior written consent from Staffline.
First posted ( October 9th, 2020 )