Brightwork have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Area Lead to join their client's successful organisation in South Lanarkshire.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Lead, the right candidate will effectively manage Engineering resources, ensure continuous improvement, optimisation of plant equipment, adhere with engineering financial budgets and develop the engineering team in RCA and best manufacturing practices.
Role Key Accountabilities
- Optimum plant efficiency maintained or improved than OEM standards to maximise manufacturing
- Shift/daily reporting is accurate and timely
- Development of direct reports and input into succession planning
- Adhering and improving maintenance schedules and PPM quality
- Attending site health & safety meetings to ensure full compliance
- Leading and lagging safety leadership performance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Recognised Mechanical / Electrical Engineering qualifications. SVQ Level 3 minimum as part of time served apprenticeship
- HNC/HND engineering recognised qualification(s)
- Proven track record of Front-Line Management within an FMCG environment
- Thorough understanding of PPM techniques and associated maintenance software platforms
- Strong desire to develop and coach team performance
- Working knowledge of Legislative standards within the FMCG environment. (BRC standards)
- Working Knowledge of statutory compliance regulations for Steam, Gas and Electricity
- High level of numeracy and ability to analyse and interpret data
- Proactive approach to Problem solving
- Ability to identify and implement Process improvements
- Manufacturing systems experience
- Refrigeration & Gas safe working knowledge/skills
- Project Management skills
- Management of financial budgets
- Working knowledge of improvement techniques used to maximise and optimise plant performance and equipment
- Ability to produce detailed Engineering and Process Risk assessments
- Possess articulate, confident verbal communication skills
- Be able to make decisions and take responsibility for them
- Be able to self-manage and work flexibly with high positive energy levels.
Other Role Information
- Manging daily workloads with the engineering team and liaising directly with production leads to ensure maximise production running uptime is adhered too.
- Participating in overtime Rota, 1 in 4 weekends working, ensuring full engineering cover is in place during production operating times
Please apply by submitting your CV.
BWSR offers the services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.