Brightwork have a fantastic opportunity for a Distillery Operator to join their client’s successful Whisky Distillery team based in Glasgow.
The right candidate will be responsible for carrying out all the distillery operations necessary to enable raw materials to be processed into a final product of the correct quality that meets customer requirements and achieves business goals.
- Operate 3 of the following processes; Mash House, Still House, Drier System, Evaporator Plant
- Operate PLC based control systems and process equipment throughout all stages of the distillery processes.
- Evaluate new spirit distillate quality
- Sample and test various process streams to ensure optimum plant performance
- Enter spreadsheet data to record plant operation
- Conduct an appropriate handover of operations at every shift change to ensure that continuous production is achieved
Skills and Experience Required:
- Perform all operational tasks required to produce high quality final product from raw materials to meet business requirement.
- Perform fault finding analysis to optimise plant performance
- Understand performance requirements and demonstrate an awareness of the linkage to Company Objectives
- Take decisions based on a logical approach to fact gathering
- Be aware of limits of own authority and involve appropriate personnel in decision making process at appropriate time
- Demonstrate capability to develop new skills in operating Personal Computer and PLC based systems to control, monitor, maintain, communicate and report on production operations to the required standard
- Demonstrate good numeracy and literacy skills
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively with others utilising various media
- Demonstrate ability to develop new skills and train others
- Understand and contribute to continuous improvement
- Carry out routine organoleptic evaluation of new distillate and take corrective action when appropriate
- Carry out routine chemical/process analytical evaluation of designated process streams and take corrective action when appropriate
- Plan and organise workload
- FLT driver
- First Aider
Salary Negotiable + excellent benefits
Please apply by submitting your CV.
BWSR offers the services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.