Brightwork have a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Whisky Creator to join their client’s successful Whisky Distillery team based in Glasgow.
The right candidate will be responsible for providing the necessary support to the business in terms of the quality, consistency and integrity of the companies’ Scotch Whisky products through the continual assessment of the spirit at all stages of the production process.
- Assess, and report on the quality of all spirit produced or procured by the company
- Lead new make distillate sessions with Distillery operations
- Lead Innovation projects, including cask trials
- Lead NPD projects, including:
- Evaluation of maturing inventory and construct Scotch whisky, or Scotch whisky based, products in line with business requirements.
- Report through regular updates to the Blending Manager and Director of Blending & Inventory in the NPD process as it relates to Scotch Whisky.
- Liaise with other functions, including Inventory, Vatting, Bottling, Packaging Development and Brand Teams to ensure project delivery on time, in full with no impact on spirit quality.
- Work closely (and deputise for) with the Sample Room Team Leader in the day to day running of the Sample Room with regards to sampling and cask assessment.
- Small scale preparation of samples to support pre-launch and/or consumer insight sessions in line with NPD and Innovation team requests on time and in full
Skills & Experience:
- Experience in whisky – understanding of distillation, maturation, technical and blending parts of the supply chain
- Sufficient scientific knowledge to engage with technical experts – degree level or equivalent experience within industry
- Confident working knowledge of all aspects of Scotch Whisky legislation as it relates to production.
- Ability to differentiate, articulate and discuss flavour profiles across whisky samples at different points of the production process, and other spirit types
- Strong PC skills, including: Ability to interpret data via MS Excel, Use of MS PowerPoint to create presentations
- Demonstrable track record of leading and managing projects to achieve results
- Ownership and accountability
- Managing projects under pressure
- Being agile to make informed decisions in response to project scope change
- Determination, resilience and persistence
- Demonstrate effective team working skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Giving and receiving feedback
- Determination to develop self and others
Business and Industry:
- Organisational awareness – ability to build strong internal business relationships across functions
- Awareness of marketing
- Awareness of advances within the whisky sector
- Perform all tasks in accordance with HMRC regulations and ISO9002 quality standards
Salary Negotiable + excellent benefits
Please apply by submitting your CV.
BWSR offers the services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.