My client is a leading integrated waste management business providing collection, treatment, recycling and technologically-driven energy generation services. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a driven, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join an already very successful team. Currently looking for a Mechanical Technician
Full time - 7am – 4.30pm from Mon to Fri. Overtimes may be available during the week as also on Saturday so flexibility is desirable.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Liaising and reporting to site supervisor and, or site manager
· General maintenance across the site;
· Changing bearings, motors, gearboxes on the plant;
· Complete daily job sheet;
· Carrying out repairs, service and other maintenance on vehicles, machines and affected components, including engines, brakes, steering,
· Using variety of specialist equipment and tools;
· Liaising with site management with regards to required repairs and part ordering;
· Liaising with suppliers, sourcing parts and comparing prices;
· Previous experience in working within this sector is desirable
· Ability to work as a part of a team
· Have full UK Driving Licence
· Good level of English
· Attention to detail
· Mobile Plant tickets are desirable (e.g. loading Shovel, FLT, MEWP, etc.)
· Keen to learn new skills and willing to attend training;
· Proven mechanical experience and relevant skills – e.g. NVQs;
· High awareness of Health, Safety and Environmental;
Due to the high volume of applicants only Successful applications will be contacted.
For more information on this role please apply through this “apply” button with an up to date CV or call 0131 5249 422 and for Keith
Brightwork offers the Services of an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
First posted ( September 11th, 2019 )