Based at Dalmuir, Clydebank but required to travel regularly to our Speyside sites.
Excellent salary, pension, healthcare and other benefits.
To assist the Company in becoming the recognised industry leader for effective and practical safety, health and environmental management systems.To provide SHE direction, guidance, support and training to the business in order that risks to personnel, visitors, neighbours and company assets are managed effectively.
- Facilitate the promotion of a positive SHE culture within the Company.
- Advise internal customers on the interpretation and implementation of Company policies, standards, procedures and statutory provisions.
- To deliver the company SHE training programmes.
- Proactively conduct SHE audits, risk assessments and workplace inspections: recommending both improvement opportunities and remedial action where standards are not being met.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and training sessions as appropriate.
- Ensure all key operational Managers are kept fully aware of any live issues within their area of responsibility.
- Utilise the available, computerised management tools to help minimise the Company’s potential liabilities and produce useful management information.
- Investigate / help to investigate, as agreed, incidents/failures in established procedures and practices, so that root cause, corrective and preventative actions are identified and implemented.
- Communicate and negotiate with SHE regulatory bodies so that the interests of the company and its employees are protected.
- Meet the requirements of agreed service level agreements with customers.
- Advise on loss control and waste minimisation best practice measures across sites as agreed
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Graduate or graduate calibre
- Professional qualification in health and safety.
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of safety, health and environment.
- Auditor training, experience and knowledge of OHSAS18001:2007 Occupational Health
- Safety and ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management Systems.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant SHE legislation.
- Specific knowledge of Process Safety in relation to requirements under CoMAH.
- Ability to carry out effective ‘six pack’ related and COSHH assessments.
- Able to create and implement effective SHE procedures.
- Able to conduct audits and site inspections and implement/recommend practical solutions.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills.
- PC and systems literate.
- Ability to act as an effective member of a team.
- Excellent negotiating, communicating and influencing skills and able to challenge and persuade others at all levels.
- Possess strong project management skills.
- Business focused, results orientated and committed to an ethos of best practice and continuous improvement.
- Able to operate autonomously and make decisions with confidence where consultation with others may not be appropriate.
- Current driving licence.
- Ability to travel to our UK sites to provide support as necessary.
What to do next
Interested parties should send their CV and salary requirements to Louise Brennan at email@example.com