Do you have a qualification in engineering? Are you an effective team leader? Do you take pride in maintaining high standards of Health & Safety in the workplace? If so, then this could be an exciting opportunity for you.
Chivas Brothers Engineering Team, based in Dalmuir, is seeking an experienced Engineering Process Leader to join them for a 12 month fixed-term contract. You will be required to work across other warehousing/operations departments to meet engineering requirements within the central belt of Scotland (Balgray, Airdrie, Willowyard, Dumbuck).
You will be required to lead and co-ordinate the activities of the engineering craftsmen in Southern Operations including the Drain & Fill area at our Dumbarton site, in line with customer requirements and overall business goals. You will provide project management support to maximise operational equipment availability, process improvement and leading edge engineering techniques. You will maintain business compliance across all sites, comprising of both internal and external policy, procedure, legislation and planned maintenance activities.
Chivas Regal, Beefeater, Ballantine’s, The Glenlivet, and Plymouth Gin; we’re the international company behind these iconic global brands and more, with a vision to become the “world’s leading premium scotch whisky and gin company”. Work for Chivas Brothers and you’ll be part of the Pernod Ricard Group, the world’s most innovative Wines & Spirits organisation. You’ll thrive in a business that inspires entrepreneurism and nurtures talent and you’ll join a friendly family of 19,000 employees working across 80 countries.
In your role as Engineering Process Leader, you will be an integral part of a team reporting to the Bulk Operations Engineering Manager, with some of your key responsibilities listed below:
- Ensure support is delivered to the operational areas to achieve production targets.
- Lead the process to identify and implement opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Take personal responsibility to drive the implementation of engineering improvement programmes and leverage the computerised maintenance management system to deliver world class maintenance performance.
- Provide expert technical support to Southern Operations.
- Contribute to the preparation and control of budgets.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of improved technologies.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements, including HMRC, COMAH, Risk
- Management policies and procedures.
- Ensure appropriate housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Take responsibility for self-development and identify development needs of craftsmen to continually improve performance.
- To be responsible for Permit to Work Authority and Control of Contractors within Southern Operational sites
- Responsible for management of Planned Maintenance Systems and utilisation of multi-skilled technicians
- Budgetary responsibility for repair and maintenance and CAPEX projects as allocated by Site Services Manager.
Our ideal Engineering Process Leader will have:
- An Engineering qualification, with electrical bias
- Experience in leading and directing an Engineering support function.
- Must be COMPEX qualified
- Change management experience in a customer focused environment.
- A current and clean driving license.
- Must be able to provide the leadership, which directs and focuses the contribution of others to meeting the business needs.
- Must demonstrate a pragmatic, insightful approach to problem solving and continuous improvement techniques and 5S awareness.
- Will possess the drive, tenacity, enthusiasm and desire to achieve excellence in engineering support.
- Will demonstrate a wide knowledge and experience of engineering functions.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness.
- Communicate effectively at all levels inside and outside the Company.
- Working knowledge of PLC/SCADA systems
Closing date is Wednesday, 19th July 2017
What to do next
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like to know more please contact James Blyth by email on email@example.com